In 2023, the Global Insurance Symposium (GIS) hosted nearly 500 insurance and financial service company executives, national and international regulators, state and federal government representatives, entrepreneurs, and tech startup firms. GIS offers a unique educational and networking opportunity. Below are some of the highlights from the 2023 event.
- Keynotes — Lard Friese, CEO and Chairman of the Executive Management Board, Aegon N.V., Will Fuller, President and CEO of Transamerica, and Peter Gailliot, BlackRock Managing Director, Global CIO of the Financial Institutions Group (FIG) and Head of Fixed Income FIG Portfolio Management
- CEO Panel – moderated by Doug Ommen, Insurance Commissioner of Iowa; panelists included Anant Bhalla, CEO and President of American Equity Investment Life Holding Company; Jeff Dailey, Chairman of Farmers Insurance; Kendall Jones, President, and CEO of ProAg; and Tom Swank, Chairman & CEO of American Enterprise Group
- Global Panel – moderated by Christine Holmes, Partner, EY; panelists included Petra Hielkema, Chairperson of EIOPA; John Huff, CEO of the Association of Bermuda Insurers and Reinsurers; and Michael Cosendine, CEO of NAIC
- Private Equity Panel – moderated by Mark Roth, Federation of Iowa Insurers; panelists included Doney Largey, CEO of Everlake; Samuel Ramos, Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel, Global Atlantic Financial Company; Bill Wheeler, Vice Chairman at Athene
- Commissioners Panel – moderated by Patrick Hughes, Partner of Faegre Drinker; panelists included Jim Donelon, Insurance Commissioner of Louisiana, Eric Dunning, Director of Insurance, Nebraska; Mike Kriedler, Insurance Commissioner of Washington; and Andy Mais, Insurance Commissioner of Connecticut
- InsurTech Founder Panel – Manish Bhatt, CEO and Co-Founder of Plum Life; Bill Suneson, CEO of Bindable; and Brent Williams, Founder, CEO and President of Benekiva
- The annual Student Case Study Competition